PCamWire is an industry leading CAD/CAM Wire EDM system developed specifically for the precision, tool making, mold making, press and extrusion industries.
- Windows graphical user interface.
- 3D CAD import.
- Roughing and finishing cuts for multiple punches / dies.
- Variable heights for extrusion molds.
- Technological strategies, grouping, priorities.
- Early and Late strategy for all machines.
- Cutting templates.
- Machine and Post processors.
- Program uplod to the online machine.
- Recognition of features from solid models.
- Multiple strategies for corner types: standard ISO, conical and ruled surface.
- Coreless cut for standard, advanced and ruled surfaces.
- Full Solid 3D simulation.
- Gear Design Module (ISO / AGMA).
- Additional A axis.
Cylindrical and conic standard cut
- From a 2D or 3D drawing (if included in the product) it is possible to generate the tool path for cylindrical cuts or with constant rake angle on the whole profile.
- The generated code foresees linear or circular movements (G01, G02, G03) on an XY programming plane and the possible management of an additional axis for movements with constant angle.
- From a 2D or 3D drawing (if included in the product) it is possible to generate the tool path for cylindrical cuts, with constant draft angle on the whole profile or with ISO radius draft angle on the arcs.
- ISO radius is used to avoid inter-cuts on arcs due to excessive rake angle relative to part height.
- The generated code foresees linear or circular movements (G01, G02, G03) on an XY programming plane, but also 4 axis movements for the management of the radius ISO for the machines that foresee it.
- Making cylindrical cuts, cuts with constant or variable taper along the profile.
- Generation of 4-axis movements (Ruled surfaces). Double block code for machines that allow it.
- Automatic synchronization between lower and upper contours.
- If the 3D import module is available, synchronization is guaranteed by the faces of the solid.
- Module for the quick creation of contours from parametric figures: Circle, circle segment, rounded rectangle, slot, regular polygon, regular rounded polygon, polygon with P3G profile.
- Module to generate a report on the number of elements of a contour, with details relating to the number of segments and the number of arcs.
- It highlights the length of the outline, the largest and smallest segment, the minor and the major radius. Useful information to prevent geometric or technological inconsistencies in the erosion machine.
- Also calculated are: area, center of gravity, moment of inertia, center of thrust of simple contours and contours that make up surfaces.
- The report can be easily saved and printed.
- Module for the automatic creation of the contour of a tooth or of the entire toothed wheel, internal or external, generating the involute according to European (ISO), American (AGMA) or Japanese standards.
- Basic parameters: number of teeth, pressure angle, module (or alternatively pitch diameter, base diameter, diameter pitch and circular pitch).
- Parameters for the displacement of the tooth profile: Coefficient, Tooth thickness on pitch diameter, Distance between N teeth, Measure with pin. Rounding at the head and foot. Diameter at the head and foot.
- Module for contour design.
- Creation of elementary geometric figures: points, lines, circles, rectangles, arcs, ellipses.
- Optimization of views, Orthogonal views, Zoom, Pan, Spatial rotation.
- Duplication, rotation, scale, mirror.
- Attachment points.
- Basic tools for drawing modification: Cut, Divide, Lengthen, Round.
- Advanced tools for editing the drawing: Equidistant, Intersection, Projection.
- Dimensioning and printing.
- Module for the volumetric visualization of erosion with control of inter-cuts and technological offset.
- Execution of the erosion in continuous mode (with speed regulation) or in single block mode.
- Ability to select the block from NC code and display it on the volume or vice versa select it on the volume to have it automatically highlighted in the NC code.
- Orthogonal and isometric views, view rotation, zoom.
- Buttons to show / hide threading points, positioning, thread trimming, pass offset.
- Measurement of the offsets, angles, lengths, heights of the piece to be eroded.
- Module to calculates a new surface from the section of an existing one.
- The plans for sections can be freely defined even beyond the limits of the original surface.
- Used in the drawing and extrusion fields